找回密码
 新人加入
查看: 9832|回复: 8

A Brief Guide to TCAX for Foreign Users [复制链接]

Administrator

TCAX Dev.

发表于 2012-3-5 16:12:33 |显示全部楼层
Requirements

When I am writing this guidance, I assume the readers already have the basic knowledge about karaoke subtitling effects including timing, styling and encoding based on ASS (Advanced SubStation Alpha) and AVS (Avisynth Script). Being able to programming using scripting languages, such as Python, Lua, etc. can be a great advantage, but not a must. :-P

Introduction

Before we start, I should point it out that in this guidance I will not cover too much details about what TCAX is and what it can do, but will focus on how to get it work to produce some real karaoke FXs. So, let's continue,

TCAX is a program to help us create awesome karaoke FXs and some other types of subtitle effects through scripting. And it also provides built-in scripts for ease of use, and enables users who cannot programming to still make excellent karaoke FXs.

Since I don't know too much about other similar software, Aegisub (I only use this cool tool to timing -_-) or whatever, so I'll leave the comparisons between these tools up to the readers. :-P

Although there are already many good manuals/examples/tutorials/etc. on TCAX written in Chinese, English stuffs are if not too fundamental, just a way too far from being practical. So this guidance will first solve the most urgent question, that is how to get it work. :-)

Installation

Due to simplicity and flexibility considerations, I didn't pack the TCAX to be a stand-alone software, so if it is your first time to use TCAX, you may need to install the following programs before you can run TCAX properly.
    1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 run-time (vcredist_x86.exe)
    2. Python 3.2 (python-3.2.msi)
    3. Avisynth 2.5.8 (Avisynth_258.exe)
    4. Miscellaneous:
        a) Media Player Classic Home-Cinema or other video players which are compatible with AVS.
        b) Python Script Editor

TCAX itself need not to be installed, however, from TCAX 0.9.9 you can use assoc.exe under TCAX's root directory to make the file association, which may simplify some common operations and give the file icons a better appearance.

Local download links:
vcredist_x86.zip
python-3.2.zip
Avisynth_258.zip

or you can Google the official sites of the above programs.

You can download the TCAX main program from this thread or from TCAX Repo, then just unzip it. To test if TCAX can work on your PC, just run the tcax.exe

tcax.exe

tcax.exe

If you can see this screen, it means everything works fine. :-)
Then just close the program, it is a fact that you will seldom interact with TCAX directly through that console, as the later examples will imply.

Examples

Download from TCAX Repo: example.zip
or download from local: example.zip

Unzip it, you will see the following files under Nekogami_OP folder

file list

file list

If you have executed the assoc.exe, just right click on the Nekogami_OP.tcc file, and choose Parse,

Parse

Parse

Else, choose open with tcax.exe,

open with

open with

Result of parsing,

execute

execute

Do the same thing with Nekogami_OP_cn.tcc

Now you will get more files, as the screenshot shows,

file list 2

file list 2

Open Nekogami_OP.avs with Notepad, simply edit the plugins' paths, the two plugins are under the TCAX's root directory. Save, if you haven't installed the two fonts, epgyobld.ttf and 方正行楷_GBK.ttf, just installed them, open the AVS with MPC or whatever video players which are compatible with AVS. Now you are able to preview the FX. :-P

That's it,

preview

preview

More examples,

munto_ed_shanzhai.rar
Nurarihyon_OP.rar
11eyes_op_renewal.rar
working_II_op.rar
horizon_OP.rar
Gundam_Seed_OP.rar
Another_OP.rar

Hint,

To create your own FXs using TCAX, you don't have to create the files such as TCC, py, etc. again and again, just reuse them. Copy the files to a new folder, change the names, values, etc. The structures of TCC file and TCAX Python script are not likely to be changed.

References

Posts in English,
A brief introduction to TCAX
The work flow behind TCAX
The history before TCAX
A brief introduction to TCAX Python script
TCC file format specification

Posts in Chinese,
An example of using TCAX built-in scripts
An example of making LOGO FX using TCAX
About how to make karaoke FXs more efficiently
About how to use TCAX built-in scripts
Description of TCAX built-in scripts
Download more TCAX built-in scripts
TCAX built-in scripts specification
TCC file format specification
Download Japanese Fonts
A lot of TCAX Python scripts
A brief tutorial for TCAS FX
FTP of many karaoke FX videos
download karaoke FX videos
Miscellaneous Tutorials

p.s. Try Google Translation to view these threads first, if you find some posts useful, and really need a better translation, please feel free to tell me, either by replying to this post, or sending me a private message. :D

发表于 2013-4-2 16:09:02 |显示全部楼层
哎呀~全部是英文啊~不知道这个软件是用来做什么的

疯子

发表于 2013-4-2 18:20:26 |显示全部楼层
phay007 发表于 2013-4-2 16:09
哎呀~全部是英文啊~不知道这个软件是用来做什么的

你跑来英文版块,当然全是英文了,去看中文版的教程啊

Administrator

TCAX Dev.

发表于 2013-4-2 21:36:44 |显示全部楼层
phay007 发表于 2013-4-2 16:09
哎呀~全部是英文啊~不知道这个软件是用来做什么的